Friday, April 10, 2009

Renovation contractors’ body gives free home makeovers to needy families

Source : Channel NewsAsia - 10 Apr 2009

The construction business may have been hit by the recession, but some contractors are finding time to help those in need by making their home improvement dreams come true.

This is part of the Renovation and Decoration Advisory Centre’s outreach efforts to help those in need during these hard economic times.

One family, the Lees, received renovation help for their three-room flat at Kim Keat Avenue.

Both Mr Lee and his wife work part-time and are struggling to bring up their five children, one of whom is suffering from a kidney condition.

A part-time cashier, Lee-See Bee Leng, said: “I’m happy with the kitchen cabinets. I (used to) put my crockery and utensils on tables and chairs. Now I’m very happy that I have a proper place to put my utensils.”

The Lees are just one of two families who have received help from the voluntary body of renovation contractors.

The other family, the Sims, live in a three-room flat at Yishun St 22 and they have two children suffering from skin problems.

Chairman of the Renovation and Decoration Advisory Centre, Farok Majeed, said: “There are so many organisations to look after all the needy and we didn’t want to duplicate that. Our specialty or our forte is in renovation. It’s where our strength is. So we should take advantage of that strength.”

The centre says it is looking to do more home makeovers for needy families in future.


1 comment:

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com