Friday, May 1, 2009

Condo life at Woodleigh Close hits an irritating bump

Source : Straits Times – 1 May 2009

SINCE construction started on a condominium, Parc Mondrian, next to my home at Euro Asia Park in Woodleigh Close, off Upper Serangoon Road, I have had to put up with illegal parking of motor vehicles and heavy vehicles along Woodleigh Close leading to my home, as well as incessant construction noise, especially from 6pm to 10pm almost every night.

I have lodged e-mail complaints with the Traffic Police, Land Transport Authority and Building and Construction Authority. I have received either a lukewarm response or none at all.
Every day, a concrete pump truck with an RU licence plate is about 10m from the entrance to my condominium, round the clock without any barrier or warning lights at night.

If I am not mistaken, vehicles with RU plates are not supposed to be on the road. This truck poses a potential danger, especially at night.

Also throughout the day, every day, there is a line of vehicles parked along the road leading to my condo. They ignore the fire hydrant on the pavement and the continuous white line on the road and park indiscriminately.

As for the noise pollution, since the construction site is near a residential area, the construction site should limit its activities to between 8am and 6pm. This is not the case here as residents have to endure incessant noise well above the permitted level of 70 to 80 decibels stipulated by the Ministry of Manpower.
Ooi Oon Hee

No comments: