Friday, December 11, 2009

Prices offered for Balestier plot too low

A TENDER for a Balestier industrial plot that can be converted into a residential project failed to attract a high enough bid when it closed yesterday.

Marketing agent Credo Real Estate received several bids and expressions of interest from developers, but the prices offered were all below the reserve.

The site’s four owners wanted at least $27 million for the freehold 27,838 sq ft plot at 6 Jalan Ampas, which now houses four three-storey terrace factory units.

A successful bidder will also have to pay a development charge of about $18.7 million to re-zone and develop the site near Shaw Plaza.

The indicative price range after factoring in the development charge works out to $586 to $625 per sq ft (psf) per plot ratio. This puts a developer’s break-even point at $950 to $1,000 psf, Credo said.

Colliers International’s executive director (investment sales), Mr Ho Eng Joo, said the tender response showed that developers were still very keen to buy land, but only at a level they think is reasonable.

‘Developers are cautiously optimistic,’ he added.

A government tender for a landed site in Jurong West attracted a whopping 32 bidders earlier this week. This is because it is a landed plot – which is low in supply and high in demand – and the site is of a size that is affordable, said Mr Ho.

Government land tenders also come with lower reserve prices and typically have fewer conditions than a private land site.

At the height of the 2007 boom, the highest number of offers Credo received for a land tender was 10, said its deputy managing director Tan Hong Boon.

The property firm will negotiate with the interested parties to nail down a price.

Source : Straits Times – 11 Dec 2009

1 comment:

Mrs Sharon Sim said...

My Brothers and Sister all over the world, I am Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada ; i was in need of loan some month ago. i needed a loan to open my restaurant and bar, when one of my long time business partner introduce me to this good and trustful loan lender DR PURVA PIUS that help me out with a loan, and is interest rate is very low , thank God today. I am now a successful business woman, and I became useful. In the life of others, I now hold a restaurant and bar. And about 30 workers, thank GOD for my life I am leaving well today a happy father with three kids, thanks to you DR PURVA PIUS Now I can take care of my lovely family, i can now pay my bill. I am now the bread winner of my family. If you are look for a trustful and reliable loan leader. You can Email him via,mail (urgentloan22@gmail.com) Please tell him Mrs Boo Wheat from Canada introduce you to him. THANKS