Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Shining example of service at Four Seasons Hotel


Source : Straits Times - 31 Mar 2009

I AM writing this letter jointly with my brother, Gimson Gan.

There have been so many comments - mostly negative, sad to say - about the standard and quality of service in Singapore. So I would like to share the wonderful experience we had at a wedding banquet in The Four Seasons Hotel on March 21.

From the very start of the banquet and throughout it, service staff member Poh Choo was most friendly, polite, attentive and helpful. You might say this is the kind of service expected in a five-star hotel, but her commitment to service went far beyond that.

Without prompting, she asked if my six-year-old nephew needed a higher chair and kept an eye on him to ensure he was fine throughout the dinner. At one point, she noticed that I was constantly folding my arms and rubbing my hands together because I found the air-conditioning too cold. Without prompting, she brought me a cup of hot water, telling me that perhaps that would help me keep warm. Later, she must have noticed that my brother was coughing every now and then, because she brought him a lemon and honey drink.

We would like to hold her up as a shining example of exemplary service.

Gan Lee Lian (Madam)


No comments: