Thursday, February 12, 2009

China property prices post record fall in Jan

Source : Business Times - 12 Feb 2009

Chinese urban property prices fell by 0.9 per cent in January from a year earlier, the government said on Thursday, the steepest annual decline since official records began in 2005.

But the month-on-month decline of 0.2 per cent in January was softer than the 0.5 per cent fall in December, the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) said, offering a measure of optimism that the housing market is near to bottoming out.

The property sector is a pillar of the Chinese economy, accounting for about a quarter of all investment, so a sustained downturn in prices would weigh heavily on business activity and feed into the broader deflation threat.

The 0.9 per cent annual drop in average property prices across 70 large- and medium-sized cities was down from December’s decrease of 0.4 per cent, the NDRC said on its website.

The fall in December had been the first annual drop on record since the NDRC, which compiles the data together with the National Bureau of Statistics, began publishing the index in July 2005.

Early last year, property prices had been increasing at a double-digit pace on an annual basis.


1 comment:

Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.