Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hong Kong office rents tumble

Source : Today - 12 Feb 2009

HONG Kong prime office rents may fall a further 26 per cent this year as the global financial crisis prompts banks and investment companies to control spending, according to a report by property agency Colliers International.

“The prime office market is predicted to experience a further downward adjustment due to the consolidation of the financial markets and the global economic outlook,” Colliers said.

Office rents fell 13.4 per cent in the fourth quarter from the previous three months.

Banks including HSBC Holdings and Standard Chartered have cut jobs in Hong Kong as the economy entered its first recession since 2003. HSBC said in November it had trimmed 500 jobs in Asia,90 per cent of which in Hong Kong. Standard Chartered in December said it would cut200 local positions.

The report, covering 26 places in the Asia Pacific, showed office rents in the region declined 4 per cent on average in the fourth quarter from the previous three months.

“Individual centres with a tenant profile highly geared toward the financial sector have experienced steeper rental corrections in the order of over10 per cent quarter-on-quarter,” Colliers said.


1 comment:

Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.