Thursday, February 12, 2009

UK commercial property values fall

Source : Business Times - 12 Feb 2009

UK commercial property prices fell 3.5 per cent in January, continuing their decline after the market fell 26.8 per cent in 2008, the world’s biggest property broker CB Richard Ellis (CBRE) said on Tuesday.

While January’s fall in value was not as sharp as the 4.9 per cent drop in December, the decline in rents accelerated slightly to minus 0.9 per cent, according to the CB Richard Ellis Monthly Index.

‘January’s results were marked by an easing of the negative impact of higher yields, but a pick-up in the rate of rental falls,’ said Peter Damesick, head of UK research at CBRE. ‘This combination is likely to carry on, with rents continuing their downward movement in the coming months.’

CBRE, one of the biggest contributors of data to benchmark index compiler Investment Property Databank, said property values are now 37.8 per cent below their peak in mid-2007.

Total returns, which comprise rental returns and capital growth, were minus 2.8 per cent in January, and minus 31.6 per cent from their mid-2007 peak, CBRE said.


1 comment:

Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.